Sunday, December 30, 2012

It Looks Like Winter in the Sandbox

 

Winter snow mosaic with logo

The winter snow has finally arrived here in my area.  We have had lots of snow shoveling to do and I even tried out the snow blower on my own without running up the backs of the cars.  I have to say at this time of the year I like being out in the snow but that will change in a month or two when I want to get back out into the garden and there is no end of winter in site.  As a gardener I am grateful for this amount of snow as the plants get a good snow cover for the winter and some of those insect problems that we had last summer will be eliminated with the cold.  From a photographer aspect I like the little hats of snow that I found as I walked around. The Eastern Cedar trees have had the Cedar Waxwings in them looking for ripe berries to eat.  The other day I was at the local library getting another pile of books and I stopped to take a picture of the Literacy Garden Karl Foerster grasses in the snow.

I hope that you had a good Christmas and look forward to the new year ahead.  Have a great week.   Join us for Mosaic Monday with our host Mary.

216BB4260259063935A65C621413E93F

17 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

There's something to be said for snow settled on structures and plants in the garden.
Nice winter scenes Val.
Judith

Pondside said...

It does, indeed, look like winter in the Sandbox! Enjoy the snow, and stay cosy!

Lorrie said...

It looks like a beautiful winter in the sandbox! How lucky you are!
Beautiful photos.

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Val, The garden looks so pretty in its' snowy dress. Take care, Jen

The French Hutch said...

Hi Valerie, Beautiful winter scenery. As much as I love snow we don't get much. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos.
All the best to you in the New Year.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Vee said...

Yes, right now it's rather a kick. Let's hope that that lasts for another eight weeks at least. =D You be careful out there with that snowblower now! Happy New Year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've taken some beautiful photos! We'll be expecting the cedar waxwings here in Florida when they fly South! We've already seen the robins come through. Happy New year!

Pamela Gordon said...

Valerie, I love the photos and the colours in this mosaic. Wishing you blessings for the new year.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely wintry scenes, well done! I wish you all the best in 2013, Happy New Years!

podso said...

Your mosaic is beautiful. I hope you have a good new year.

Unknown said...

I'm with you - love the snow at this time of year, grateful that the plants are covered and don't mind shovelling. That will all change in a month when I'm itching to get back in the garden too and can't face another snow-covered driveway waiting to be shovelled. For now, let's enjoy the beauty it brings.

Happy New Year

A Creative Grace said...

Happy new year to you, I love your mosaic, and hope you are keeping warm :)

Jill Harrison said...

I love seeing everyones snow photos this time of year, as here I am sweltering in a heat wave for the last week! Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2013. I have enjoyed stopping by to see what you have been up to over the past year.

RURAL said...

I really like this collage, it's peaceful.

And yes, I hear you about the long winter, it's the part that I find the hardest.

Happy New Year.

Jen

20 North Ora said...

Your snow photos are gorgeous.

Happy new year.

Judy

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Happy New Year and those are some lovely snow images~

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The snow looks beautiful! Almost enough to make me wish to be somewhere wintery. (Almost, but not quite). Thanks for sharing for those of us who don't get to experience beautiful winter scenes. Happy New Year to You too.

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter