Saturday, April 24, 2010

Boris is a Skinnypig



Boris the Skinnypig.  Isn't he cute?

Our youngest son's girlfriend is a soft touch for animals.  She has a year old boxer mix puppy named Rex and this latest new addition is Boris the Skinnypig.  He is 6 months old.   Raised  originally for laboratory testing these hairless guinea pigs are a wonderful pet.   His favourite foods are romaine lettuce, carrots and timothy hay.  These little fellows usually have a difficiency of Vitamin C and the the timothy hay helps with that.
Seen here with his pet owner Karen, Boris is very entertaining and lovable. Skinnypigs are very warm to the touch. He likes to hide in his blanket or when in his cage he has a little house he hides in.  When he is hungry, and skinnypigs are big eaters, he gets your attention by whistling loudly until he gets his food.



Please ignore the video. I could not figure out how to delete it and it did not load.  Another lesson to learn.

For more lovable critters visit Camera Critters to share in the fun.  Have a great weekend.



14 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, what a pet, he looks kind of cute. Whistling for your food is neat. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Val
In the north this weekend. I'd like to say the little guy is cute, but I don't know........
Good thing your daughter-in-law has a kind heart to give him a home.

Animor said...

Oh that's a new choice of pet, looks cute and clean. I've just seen this for the first time. Thanks for sharing...Only here in camera critters I've seen many kinds of critters.

i beati said...

fascinating

Snap said...

I learned something new today! Thanks for introducing me to Boris ... he's cute in his own way! ;D I love that he whistles for his food.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Valerie: Now, that is a new critter to me. It really is a cutie.

Karine said...

Wow, this is the first time I see or hear about a skinnypig! He's a pretty interesting critter!

Jane said...

That is just too adorable for words, thanks for sharing him Valerie.

eileeninmd said...

What a cool and unusual pet. I have never heard of them. Very cute photos!

Ladynred said...

I have seen this pig in the pet store before. We used to have 4 piggies and they all died. They live about 8 yrs. with us.

Unknown said...

I have never heard of skinny pigs, my son had a guinea pig years ago, he was also very vocal and would talk to us every time we opened the frig. She must be a very sweet girl.

Michael said...

:) I want one. Boris is very cute.

Unknown said...

I must agree, this Boris is cute. You're probably right about the pillbug, I must've miscounted the legs though.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Wow..what a pet! He has such a sweet face.

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter