Friday, April 9, 2010

Come on Spring

Oh Mother Nature is fickle this week.  We went from having almost summery warm weather where everyone was pulling out the shorts and the tee shirts and the men were polishing up the lawnmowers for the season to today.  Today is just at the freezing mark and I did see the odd snowflake in the air.  I ran out to take a photo of these poor white crocus that came out a couple of days ago and have not opened yet because we had two days of rain and not it's too darn cold.

The tulips up against the foundation on the south side are pushing ahead and look like they might be a nice picture in a few days.


There is no stopping the rhubarb coming up in the vegetable garden.   I look forward to that.  I love rhubarb. I have a good recipe for a rhubarb cake that someone pased on to me a couple of years ago.  It is is hit where ever I take it.  I will post it one day when I bake one.


Just this morning despite it being so cold I saw these two trillim leaves in the front flower bed.  So, I guess spring is coming this way just at a few steps forward and a few back.  I was in the city (Toronto) yesterday and the forsythia was just amazing.  The trees all had little leaves on them.  They are way ahead of us north of the city. 

No comments:

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter