Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Happy Easter Everyone.  It is Good Friday and here at the Sandbox it really is just the most perfect day.  It is warm and sunny.   I may get a little colour on the skin today.   I have been out in the garden doing a little cutting back of all the plants I left standing over the winter with seed heads.  The ornamental grasses had gotten a trim.   Frankly, the whole garden looks rather flat now.  But it won't last long.

Looks a little barren right now.  Hubby and I were out raking the vegetable garden this morning.  Hope we have better luck than last year.  We had a very poor showing of tomatoes as it was a very wet and somber  weather last summer. 



The Helleborus Niger is opening its petals more now.



I found these two in the front yard.  I hope that it is a Good Friday for you too.   I  must add Happy Spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring, and Happy Easter to you, as well. It won't be long before your gardens are teeming with colour again. :)

A Garden of Threads said...

Have been out in my garden today, the oranmental grasses all cut back. What a job, you almost need a saw for some of them. Happy Easter:)

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter