Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Bloom on Straight out of the Camera Sunday



This lovely yellow phalaenopsis has begun to bloom.  It has three buds on it that will open up over the next week.  This is the newest addition to the tiny collection of orchids.  My husband bought it for me for our 39th Anniversary last October.  It had blooms on it when it was purchased but, they did not last more than a month before they began to drop.  I am happy to know that it has settled in and has begun to bloom again.  The blooms are so delicate looking.  For more fabulous photos go to the Sunday meme "Straight out of The Camera Sunday at http://www.murrieta365.com/search/label/SOOC%20Sunday.    Valerie




7 comments:

Patti said...

Love the color! Beautiful.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Valerie,
I had to laugh, because most of the photos I post are straight out of the camera. I am just learning how to make adjustments. I do crop, though.

I've never grown orchids. I'm thinking about trying one, though.

Rose said...

Such a lovely and delicate yellow blossom! I've never tried to grow orchids; I always thought they were too fussy, but so many bloggers like yourself are tempting me with photos like these.

Thanks for your recent visit on my Bloom Day post; looks like we both have to settle for indoor blooms at this time of year. I had to laugh at your "grandchildren." I have three furry grandkids, too, including a pug who looks a lot like Gizmo. Mine all live too far away for me to babysit, however:)

Helena said...

That's a beautiful flower. So delicate, and the colour is amazing!

Jan said...

Your orchid is lovely. Thanks for playing along, today.

agnes and co. said...

Orchids are so difficult to keep happy. It looks like you've got the touch.

EG CameraGirl said...

NICE, one!

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter