Saturday, February 13, 2010

Macy's Wonderful Organ on Straight out of the Camera Sunday


A couple of years ago on a trip to Philadelphia my husband took this photo of the Wanamaker Grand Court Organ in Macy's Center City at 13th and Market Street.  It is the World's largest operational pipe organ.  It was massive.  My husband and I listened to the organist play for quite a while.  It was amazing I came out of the store having bought nothing.   Please join Murrieta 365 for Straight out of the Camera Sunday at http://www.murrieta365.com/search/label/SOOC%20Sunday


6 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

What an incredible sight that organ must be! The pipes consume a wall! And it looks as if it is set on a mezzanine so that you look down to the next level! O, and love the gold tone too! Enhances the fact that the organ is a very preciousw treasure!

Kyna said...

Wow, crazy! :D Love it!

Helena said...

Wow... that is gorgeous! I love pipe organs, and that one is wonderful!

Jan said...

What a great sight. I bet the music was incredible.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Wow...that's a big organ. I'll bet is sounds awesome! Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Lori E said...

I love architecture. Churches especially were amazing feat of building.

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter