Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Demise of Barns


It is a shame to see how barns are left to rot and fall away. Once a very necessary part of a farms existence they are now being replaced by buildings made of other materials other than wood. Perhaps the wood from this barn came from the property long time ago. Will there be anybarns left for great grandchildren to see? Just a thought. For more Straight Out of the Camera entries visit Murrietta 365 at http://www.murrieta365.com/search/label/SOOC%20Sunday


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Verna Luga said...

Valerie, thanks for dropping by..

true indeed, in a not so distant future, barns will be seen in photos only ... great thing you've archived one ... have a great day.

EG CameraGirl said...

There will still be a few but they won;t be as neat as the ones we are familiar with.

Lynn said...

Old barns are wonderful. I hate to see them go and you are right in wondering if your great grandchildren with have the please of seeing one.

gengen said...

I saw many barns just left to rot here. Thanks for sharing. Happy SOOC Sunday.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I am always sad to see them go sa well. they do look so beautiful though.

Jan said...

I, too, love old barns. I bet our great grandchildren's "old barns" will be made of steel and aluminum.

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Old barns are the best. I have a mantle in out first house that is made for a beam from a barn in Canada where my grandparents had a fishing camp. Love, Love, Love em. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

I'm always snapping away at old barns and feel some sadness. I always wonder about who lived and worked those barns.

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter