Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Only 14 More Sleeps till Canada Blooms

It won't be long now.   I wait all winter for the smell of flowers at Canada Blooms. The theme for the show this year is "Passion".  This year's event will be held from March 17 to the 21 at the Direct Energy Bldg at the Exhibition Grounds in Toronto.  This is one of North America's biggest annual flower shows.  If you have never been you should do it this year.  You will not be disappointed.   There will be garden designs to inspire you, a huge market place to buy just about anything horticultural and fantastic speakers. 
The Master Gardeners of Ontario will have our own stage for the third year in a row.  There is an excellant line up of Master Gardeners ready to tell you about their Passions.  Every day at Lunch there is a lunch panel of Master Gardeners ready to answer your most burning gardening questions. Presentations follow the lunch panel from 1:15 until the last one of the day at 4:15.  The Master Gardeners "Ask the Expert " booth will be just outside the presentation room to answer any gardening questions all day.  I will be there most days so if you are attending hunt me down and say hello.  I would love to meet you.
Tickets are available from http://www.mgoi.ca/ website.  A donation of $2 from every ticket sold goes back to the organization.
If you are a member of the Garden Writers Association Region VII I will see you at the luncheon.  I am looking forward to that.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Canada Blooms - love the show. Unfortunately or fortunately I will be away this year and miss the show. I too have volunteered at the show with the Master Gardeners and am wondering if we have met. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be watching yours.

GP @ ABloominBlog said...

Wish I could go to Canada Blooms but can't make it. Enjoying your blog.

VioletSky said...

I hope to be there on the Thursday - I will hunt you down.
Sanna

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter