Friday, June 25, 2010

Daylilies for Macro Saturday

My Daylilies are beginning to bloom.  I have to confess that I do not know the names of many of them.   I either picked them up from a plant sale or were given to me by friends that had no idea of the name either.  But,  I do love them.  They are so maintenance free and do not care that they are growing in the sandy soil.  The clump gets bigger each year.   If I want to divide them up it is easy to do.   This one is a burgundy colour and not as big as the large yellow below.

This large yellow is school bus yellow and is at least 5 inches across.  I will have more to show you in the next few weeks.  I may even know their names.    Have a great weekend.   See more macro photographs at flowers-macrophotography HERE.     Valerie

11 comments:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful specimen that burgundy/eggplant colored daylily is! So exquisite!

Mylene said...

They are so beautiful!

Maia T said...

Your lilies are very beautiful ans they have gorgeous colors both.
Thanks for sharing these excellent macros on Macro Flowers Saturday.
Have a great weekend!

Al said...

I like the color of the first one, very attractive and unique.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the yellow is my favorite.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Lillies seem to be the flower of the day. They are both lovely, but I prefer the second.

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

I love the hemerocalis lily and once you've bought a few you can divide them up over the years to have many more across the garden. I've bought quite a few different coloured ones but the most reliable one to bloom for me is Pink Damask. Do you have that one?

That first one would just fit in with my colour scheme perfectly.

Judy said...

The eggplant one has purple stamens! I have never seen that before! I love the colour of the yellow one!!!

Kim, USA said...

OMG another day lilies that is so gorgeous just love it! Happy Sunday!


Purple blossom

Anonymous said...

these are just gorgeous...now i know what i've been photographing :):)

BPOTW said...

Lilies are great subjects for macro shots!

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter