Friday, July 30, 2010

Garden Ornaments for Macro Saturday

A garden just doesn't seem finished to me until you add a few ornaments to break up the scenery.  I just wanted to show you three of them today.   The first one is a butterfly solar light. It actually is in a cluster of butterflies on stems from a faux rock.  I hide the mechanics in the shrubbery and at night the little butterflies blink on and off by the side of the pond.  Sort of like little lightning bugs.  It is kind of cute.

This bit of blown glass hangs on a chain from a shepherd's hook in the garden.  It adds colour and a little bit of whimsy. I would like to see your ornaments.   What do you use in the garden to pretty it up.




This fellow I have posted about before but I think he is kind of cute too.  My oldest son made this for me out of garden tools: a large shovel, smaller shovel, some rebar and two washers. 

Weld them together and add a little rust and you have an interesting piece to stick in amongst the plantings


Macro Saturday is a meme for photos that are close up or taken with a macro lens. Join us. Valerie











 

11 comments:

Maia T said...

I can imagine the effect of these little lightning butterfly, it must be beautiful.
The blue glass with the water effect is lovely too and the last one is probably the most precious, being your son's creation.
Have a beautiful weekend!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I like your ornaments. They are as important to the garden ambience as the flora and fauna.

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Val, You have some some lovely garden art. The last fellow gave me a chuckle. Take care, Jen

Chloe m said...

Great looking art! I like the butterfly.

Your son did a good job with that last piece. I want to learn how to weld. It sounds fun.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the butterfly Val and the description you gave of them winking in the dark like fireflies.
Judith

Self Sagacity said...

Very pretty ornaments. The butterfly is my favorite, unusual for it to be all white.

Al said...

Oh my goodness! I love those garden accessories...the recycled garden tools is very original...mmm that gave me an idea!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I don't have many ornaments in my garden other than some coloured toadstools and a little cluster of garden fairies.

You have some lovely garden art.

Inday said...

Wow! I can't help admiring!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh, wow! all so cool and adds a bit of personality to the garden. I love that deep, rich and blue blown glass piece.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

We mums, we keep everything our children make for us. Perhaps you should keep yours in the shed now, before the rust eats it away. Or was it already rusty when he made it?

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter