Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pink and Purple Vintage

pink tablecloth setting

This week I want to show you another of my vintage table cloths.  This one is pink and purple with  gold ribbon.   It almost looks East Indian in inspiration with the purple and gold urns.

urn with spout  purple urnribbon design

Lovely details in the cotton.

IMG_5161

I set the table for a ladies afternoon of cards.   I used my Mother-in-law’s Johnson Bros. “British Castle” dishes for tea.   The scones were a recipe that Carolyn of Aiken House and Gardens had shared some time ago.   I added dried cherries to mine.  

plate of buttermilk biscuits

These were easy to make and were very tasty with a little strawberry jam.  I will make these again often.

Johnson Bros logo

Thanks for stopping by the Sandbox today.   Please visit My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.   Have a great weekend.   We are expecting some snow.   Valerie

5 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Val, I am looking forward to the snow, it will be a challenge to photograph. Love the tablecloth and tea set, I am going over to Carolyns to find the sconce recipe. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Jen

Darla said...

Purple always reminds me of royalty.

Maia said...

What a cosy table!
Your table cloth is a beautiful piece indeed and those dishes....
Did you have a peaceful moment that evening, knowing that one of them could be broken?

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a nice display! I love your tablecloth. The scones look yummy. I've never made them before, but I used to make all of our bread. I may try to make some one of these days.

Georgianna said...

This all looks so lovely and welcoming, Val. I adore vintage linens and have some of the Old Britain Castles myself, although mine is in the red and white. Hope you had a great weekend! – g

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter