Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More tulips for Touch Up Tuesday

 

I was in the grocery store the other day and I found myself gravitating over to the flower sections. What really brought me over there was the lovely fragrance from the hyacinths but when I looked at the specimens they were in poor shape.   But, I did spy these unusual tulips that were a lovely shade of orangey-red  with wrinkled up petals and I just had to take home a bunch.

orange-tulip-edited-for-web

This photo was edited in Photoshop Elements using the open as Raw tab explained last week by Ashley of Ramblings and Photos.   This tab has been my new go to this week for editing new pictures.   When I was finished pushing all the sliders and getting it the way I thought it looked good I flattened it.

texturized-orange-tulip-for

Then I decided to add a texture to it and I chose one from Shadowhouse called Slightly delicate.   I used a blending mode of colour dodge (opacity ?) and then another layer of same and blending mode of soft light (opacity?)   I got so excited about the result I forgot to write down the opacity.   I hope you think it is as impressive as I did.   Probably could not do it again.

This week I am sharing my learned new skills in Photoshop Elements here with Chelsey for Touch Up Tuesday.    Have a wonderful day.  Valerie

9 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful effects, I have to spend some time learning Photoshop, ok, not just some time, but a LOT of time, it is a fascinating program. Your picture is very impressive! Thank you for encouraging me to learn something new.

Ashley Sisk said...

Oh wow - that's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love the edit and SOOC!!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Valerie,

Just beautiful. I am going to have to give photoshop another try. I just need more hours in the day.

Love what you did.

Carol

Missy said...

Both are awesome! Great shots - love the depth of field. I love tulips with character. :) I may come to you for some gardening advice this spring, I have a perpetual brown thumb!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Stunning photography Val.
Judith

A Garden of Threads said...

Fabulous!!!!

Kristin said...

I love this shot, especially the texture you added!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo. Love it.

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter