Monday, June 4, 2012

Quote for Texture Tuesday

 

three-clematis-with-textures-for-web

I don’t have a favourite quote but I did find this one that I thought appropriate for today. Clematis ‘Dr. Ruppel’ is blooming out by our garden shed.  My husband’s uncle brought it to me a year ago and I am happy that it has bloomed so beautifully.  At a recent meeting of my Horticulture Society we had an excellent speaker who grows many clematis in her garden. She told us that we should give our clematis a fist full of Epsom Salts in the spring and again in July as they are classified as heavy feeders.  That means that they require fertilizing for optimum bloom.   I was out the door early the next morning to give all my clematis a feeding.  Roses will respond to Epsom salts as well. 

Kim Klassen asked us to include a quote with our texture for this weeks Texture Tuesday.  After an initial edit of levels and a gaussian blur I added one of Kim’s textures called “magic” at 100% with Softlight as my blending mode.  I then added an action by CoffeeShop Blog called “berries n cream to make it soft.  The quote I found on Google. I made a brush of it.

Have a wonderful week

216BB4260259063935A65C621413E93Fbutton150

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tip about the Epsom salts. I'm waiting patiently for my clematis to bloom. When we moved here last summer it was so overgrown. I chopped it back quite heavily leaving only about 12" of very old wood and prayed. It's covered in buds. I can't wait to see what colour it will be!

Desirae R said...

Beautiful flower! Lovely picture of it too :)

A Garden of Threads said...

Gorgeous shot Val for a great quote. Hope all is well in garden. Take care, Jen.

Sherri B. said...

I love this quote a lot...and your photo is so beautiful and delicate!

Mona's Picturesque said...

I'm so in love with this TT Quote -edition ♥ Your entry is wonderful. Perfect pic and quote!!!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Valerie,

Your clematis is gorgeous! I too have this same variety. Your texture effect is marvelous. Have a great day!

A Creative Grace said...

I love that Clematis too, I have it in our garden, a beautiful image :)

{Shannon} said...

How gorgeous! And a beautiful photo and texture as well!

Jane Doe said...

So soft and pretty. I love the trellis background and your choice of texture and processing.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo and I love the quote.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photograph and I love what you did with the textures.

Lovely quote.

Karen

Nancy said...

A beautiful color -- I have jackmanii and would like to add another. This is lovely.

The Artful Diva said...

Good quote - love the flower peeking through the fence!

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter