Sunday, November 15, 2009

Webster's Falls on Mosiac Monday


Monday of last week was a sunny and warmish day for this time of the year. My friend Jennifer, her Dad and his friend and me took a day trip to Webster's Falls. It is on the Niagara Escarpment in Greensville, Ontario in the Spencer Gorge. There are two falls side by side. One is Webster's Falls which falls 41 metres, just a few metres short of Niagara Falls and the other Tews Falls that is a little bit smaller. Both are worth seeing. It would have been more majestic a few weeks ago when there was colour in the trees. I tried out my polarized lens which is supposed to take the glare off. It will take more practice to get the feel of it. We took our lunch and enjoyed the day.

Be sure to stop at Mary's Little Red House to see the mosiacs created by other skillful photographers. It is a wonderful way to peek into what goes on in other parts of the world.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...

I think waterfalls are one of my favorite things. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

PJ said...

I enjoyed your story about amending the soil, we're still learning how. I think it's different for everyone, depending on what resources you have, etc.
Good luck with the polarizing lens, I'm still learning myself. The waterfalls must have been incredible.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like your pretty mosaic! Water falls are always so lovely to look at and listen to. I've seen both sides of Niagra Falls..they are so powerful!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos of the waterfalls. I love your mosaic.

Carol said...

Great photos! Have a wonderful week!

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter