Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Snow for SOOCS

Friday morning we woke up to a white world…the first snowfall of the season.   It wasn’t a lot of snow but it did cover the ground.   By mid morning the sun had melted most of it away.   I guess we can be sure that a lasting one will come along in the not too distant future.   Time to get the snow tires out of the shed.
Snowy Gerbera 10-22
I have a container by the front door with gerbera daisies and flowering kale in it.   It did not suffer too much.  Once the snow melted it was fine.    I am posting this to Straight Out of the Camera Sunday hosted by Jan.    Come on over and see other photos that have not been edited.   A crop is okay.   Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.   Valerie

14 comments:

Mary Lou said...

OH it makes me cold!! I love the excitement of the first snow and love it on the red gerber.
thanks for sharing.

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Val, We have had snow before Halloween and snow for Mother Day's. That leaves only 6 months without snow, yuck.

Shirley said...

Oh, first snow yesterday! We haven't received any in Edmonton yet but other parts of Alberta have. However, it is forecast within the next few days. It will likely last about as long as yours, I hope.

Jan said...

I guess it's about that time of year, for you. Love the photo. Happy late Birthday, too.

Cyndy said...

You and your daisies seem to have a good attitude about the snow - charming photo!

Jan n Jer said...

I am not ready for snow yet! It does make for a pretty contrast on the daisy!

Cheerful said...

love the photo, makes me bit cooler...visiting you from the sunny side of the world! oh, belated happy birthday! happy sunday! :)

Linda said...

No snow for us yet, but it certainly is wet and chilly. I've got an appointment to have the snow tires put on the van on Monday morning. We have been known to have snow for Hallowe'en.

Joanne Olivieri said...

What a simply gorgeous shot. We don't get snow here so seeing this is a treat for me.

SouthernSass said...

Beautiful! We get snow here maybe once every 10 years. :(

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed your photo, and am glad it was at your place, and not mine. We have frequently had some snow by now, but are enjoying a mild fall so far. It looks like we may have a frost or freeze by the end of the week, though.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Snow on a Gerbera Daisy is amazing!!!
Gorgeous shot!!!

Dubster said...

That is one pretty photo for SOOC, very real

http://www.sheaky.com/2010/10/straight-out-of-camera-last-rose-this.html

Rambling Woods said...

I know there were areas south of us (Buffalo NY) who got some snow. I am willing to wait for ours..Thank you for the comment on my chickadee post. I was sitting and watching and got lucky...and a belated Happy Birthday....Michelle

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter