Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh Canada We Stand On Guard For Thee

 

Happy-Canada-Day-LR

 

On July 1 of each year we celebrate the birth of a nation.   Canada began as a country 144 years ago.   There will be fireworks and parades and backyard barbeques to mark the momentous occasion.    Our neighbours to the south in the United States of America will celebrate the 4th of July in much the same way.   Have you put out your flag yet?   I hope you have a wonderful weekend.   Save me a burger and some potatoe salad.   Valerie

 

I will be joining Laura for Macro Friday.    The Maple Leaf is a symbol of Canada and is on our flag.   I used Pioneer Woman’s Heartland for this photo.

4 comments:

Georgianna said...

Happy Canada Day, Val! I hope it's a most wonderful weekend of celebration for you and your family. Beautiful image you created, too. – g

deb duty said...

Nice photo and I love the way you processed it! Have a great weekend. Sounds like it'll be lots of fun! By the way, your link wasn't working for me at macro friday. I don't know if it's just me but I thought you might want to check it to be sure.

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Happy Canada Day! This southern neighbor has a great appreciate for you beautiful country!

Karen said...

Happy Canada Day to you too, from us 4th of July'ers here in Wisconsin. Yum, potato salad!!

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter