Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Colourful Flowerpots

 

IMG_5979

A while ago I purchased these three colourful little flower pots at the Dollar Store.   I intended them for the window sill with herbs in them.    It never happened.  They ended up with pencils etc in them.   The other day I was looking for something to photograph and this is it.   I am not unhappy with it just as it is.

pots-for-web

I love the art of putting textures on photos though.   I used a texture lesson from Kristy at lnr-laboratory to place a texture on the pots.   The method is practically the way she instructs you to do it.   The texture I used was one from Kim Klassen called Coffeeteaorme.   I loved the vintage effects of the photo.  

Chelsey at Paper Heart Camera hosts Touch Up Tuesday.   Come by and see the fantastic things other photographers can do with some editing.  

Have a great day.  We are expecting a big snow storm to come through today.   Valerie

10 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Val, I thought you were going to say you painted these pots - something I've done many times and enjoyed creating them.
The after photo does add an interesting look but I find the original fine too.
Judith

Noel Morata said...

wow, dollar store finds...great pick i bet anything will look great in those especially with spring around the corner :)

A Garden of Threads said...

They are so cute, the textures adds a nice vintage look. Great job!

Unknown said...

This is so Beautiful! I love how it turned out!

Jaymi said...

love the colors, fun edit!

Anonymous said...

I love your edit. Wonderful job!

Naturegirl said...

Love the cheery look of the flower pots..I'm sure a lift for you after shovelling snow!
I really wanted to give you a break from all that white stuff when you visited my Happy Hour!
I think I'll browse at the link to other edited photos! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Boy do I miss the dollar store, everything is so expensivew in Barbados.

deb duty said...

Love these flower pots and your edit is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Your edit is amazing & love the texture added to it. So perfect! xo

Hoping You Have a Blessed Easter